The MaineHealth Center for Tobacco Independence (CTI) is pleased to share developed reports and presentations highlighting projects that have been implemented.
Tobacco Prevention: Statewide Success Stories
The statewide Tobacco Prevention Services initiative includes strategies implemented by the Center for Tobacco Independence and District Tobacco Prevention Partners across three focus areas: prevention of youth initiation; reducing exposure to secondhand smoke; and promotion of tobacco treatment through the Maine QuitLink. The following stories highlight strategies implemented between 2017 and 2022 to address tobacco use and exposure in Maine.
- Maine Tobacco Prevention Program Protects Young Children with Smoke-Free Childcare Policies
- Shaping the Built Environment to Reduce Tobacco Effects
- Supporting Tobacco Retailers to Reduce Youth Access to Tobacco
- Tobacco Prevention Works: Use by Maine Teens is Declining!
- Understanding Tobacco Use Among New Mainers – Needs Assessments: AK Health and Social Services; Capital Areas New Mainers Project; Maine Immigrant and Refugee Services; and Portland Public Health
- Understanding Tobacco Use Among Veterans – Needs Assessment: Veterans Services Organization Assessment Report and Summary Presentation
2022 National Conference on Tobacco or Health Presentations:
The MaineHealth Center for Tobacco Independence is presented the following projeccts at the National Conference on Tobacco or Health in June 2022.
- Health System Uses Brief Trainings to Drive up Referrals for Tobacco Treatment: Poster, Learn More: Fact Sheet
- Modernizing a Quitline: Introducing the Maine QuitLink after 20 Years of the Maine Tobacco HelpLine: Poster, Learn More: Fact Sheet
- Putting “Community” Back In To Community Needs Assessments: Poster
- Maine CDC and Partnerships for Health Report: Maine Prevention Services Initiative Atlas (2016-2021)
- Maine CDC and Partnerships for Health Report: Implementation of the Maine Prevention Services Initiative (2016 – 2021): A Data Brief
- Maine Prevention Services and Partnerships for Health Report: Exposure to Secondhand Smoke in the Home Evaluation Findings
- Maine Prevention Services and Partnerships for Health Maps: Engagement with MPS that Resulted in New or Strengthened Tobacco Policies