Tobacco Intervention: Intensive Skills Training
This skills-focused training will build on knowledge gained in the Tobacco Intervention: Basic Skills Training. Participants will:
- Explore the value of a comprehensive tobacco use assessment
- Learn to develop effective treatment plans
- Discuss considerations for medication management
- Review relapse prevention strategies
Clinicians will also spend time building on common counseling skills used in intensive tobacco treatment such as motivational interviewing and cognitive behavioral therapy. This training is appropriate for individuals who have completed the Basic Skills Training within the past five years and are interested in increasing their tobacco treatment skills. The training is a requirement for those interested in the National Certificate in Tobacco Treatment Practice.
Virtual Training Offerings:
- December 8-10, 2020 – session completed
- Week of April 12th, 2021 – Additional information, including registration information for the April 2021 offering coming soon.
The Tobacco Intervention: Intensive Skills Training will include multiple live and recorded sessions, participation in all sessions is required for CMEs/CEUs. Recorded sessions must be viewed during the required timelines to complete the training. Questions should be directed to the CTI Training & Education team.
The cost to attend the Intensive Skills training is $50. Complete all sessions to earn up to 13.5 CMEs/CEUs for this training.