Treating Tobacco Together: Intensive Skills Training
This skills-focused training will build on knowledge gained in the Treating Tobacco Together: Essential Skills Training. Participants will:
- Explore the value of a comprehensive tobacco use assessment
- Learn to develop effective treatment plans
- Discuss considerations for medication management
- Review relapse prevention strategies
Providers will also spend time building on common counseling skills used in intensive tobacco treatment such as motivational interviewing and cognitive behavioral therapy. This training is appropriate for individuals who have completed the Essential Skills Training, formerly known as the Basic Skills Training, within the past five years and are interested in increasing their tobacco treatment skills. The training is a requirement for those interested in the National Certificate in Tobacco Treatment Practice Training Pathway.
Upcoming Training Opportunity
April 12-13, 2023: In Person Event – Register
- Location: Conference Center, 110 Free Street, Portland, Maine
- Pre-work is included with this training and due at the time of the first live training session on April 12, 2023
- Earn 13.5 CME/CEU for participating
- Cost: $100
- Limited space available
- For more information on schedule and training topics, please download the full agenda
For information about professional development opportunities, sign up for our free e-newsletter and visit our calendar of events.