This two-day skills-focused training will build on knowledge gained in the Tobacco Intervention: Basic Skills Training. Participants will:
- Explore the value of a comprehensive tobacco use assessment
- Learn to develop effective treatment plans
- Discuss considerations for medication management
- Review relapse prevention strategies
Clinicians will also spend time building on common counseling skills used in intensive tobacco treatment such as motivational interviewing and cognitive behavioral therapy.
Tobacco Intervention: Intensive Skills Training:
- Prerequisite: Completion of Tobacco Intervention: Basic Skills Training
- Registration: $100 including continental breakfast and lunch
2018-2019 Intensive Skills Training Opportunities:
- December 5 & 6, 2018; Hilton Garden Inn, Bangor
- April 24 & 25, 2019; DoubleTree by Hilton, South Portland
The 2018-19 Intensive Skills Trainings have completed for the 2018-19 schedule, sign up for our e-newsletter to stay informed of upcoming training opportunities.