Treating Tobacco Together: Intensive Skills Training
This skills-focused training will build on knowledge gained in the Treating Tobacco Together: Basic Skills Training. Participants will:
- Explore the value of a comprehensive tobacco use assessment
- Learn to develop effective treatment plans
- Discuss considerations for medication management
- Review relapse prevention strategies
Providers will also spend time building on common counseling skills used in intensive tobacco treatment such as motivational interviewing and cognitive behavioral therapy. This training is appropriate for individuals who have completed the Basic Skills Training within the past five years and are interested in increasing their tobacco treatment skills. The training is a requirement for those interested in the National Certificate in Tobacco Treatment Practice Training Pathway.
The virtual training will take place over multiple sessions and include pre-work, participation in all sessions will be required to receive CMEs/CEUs. The Treating Tobacco Together: Intensive Skills Training cost is $50 (please contact [email protected] about scholarship opportunities).
2021 – 2022 Virtual Training Offerings:
- December 7 – 10, 2021 – session completed
- April 12 – 15, 2022 – Registration Opening Soon
- April 12, 2022: 9am – 1:15pm
- April 13, 2022: 9am – 12:30pm
- April 14, 2022: Complete Pre-Work
- April 15, 2022: 9am – 10:45am