The MaineHealth Center for Tobacco Independence provides a variety of tobacco cessation trainings and education programs for providers and clinical staff throughout the state of Maine. New research shows that the average tobacco user may have made up to thirty quit attempts by the time they reach their 40s. It is known that these multiple failed quit attempts lead to discouragement and loss of self-confidence. Advice and assistance from a healthcare professional remains a powerful tool for helping tobacco users quit and these patients should be offered assistance at each healthcare visit.
Learn more about Training and Education Opportunities and Resources:
- Annual Tobacco Treatment and Prevention Conference
- Basic Skills: Tobacco Treatment Training
- Continuing Education Offerings
- Intensive Skills: Tobacco Treatment Training
- Provider Resources & Toolkit
Visit our Calendar of Events for a listing of upcoming trainings.