This conference brings nationally recognized speakers and local experts together to discuss a wide array of tobacco treatment and prevention topics, new research and innovative approaches to tobacco control. It also provides an opportunity to network with other tobacco treatment professionals from across the state.
2024 Conference – Save the Date
June 2024 – Portland, Maine
Additional details will be released in the coming months, please watch this webpage and sign-up for our newsletter for conference updates.
The 2023 conference has been completed, a listing of conference sessions that were included in the June 2023 event are listed below.
2023 Conference Highlights
Health Equity: Strategies to Reduce Tobacco-Related Disparities
- Listening Deeply When You Really Want Someone to Change, Stephen Andrew, LCSW, LADC, CCS
- Tobacco Product Regulation in the United States: An Update from the FDA’s Center for Tobacco Products, Dr. Brian King, Ph.D., MPH
- Tobacco Treatment Medications: Pharmacotherapy as a Tool for Addressing Nicotine Dependence, Dr. Edward Bender, DO
- Panel Discussion on Restorative Practices and Youth, Maine Youth Action Network
- The Maine QuitLink: Reducing Barriers to Support All Mainers, Amy Giles, NCTTP
- Multiphase Optimization Strategy Trials (MOST) in Studies of Tobacco Dependence Treatment, Dr. Steven L. Bernstein, MD
- Reducing Tobacco-Related Disparities: What’s Stress Gotta Do With It? Dr. Valerie Yerger, ND
The pre-conference workshop and conference sessions are required for those pursing the National Certificate in Tobacco Treatment Practice Classic Training Pathway. Please direct questions about the Tobacco Treatment and Prevention Conference to [email protected]
The MaineHealth Center for Tobacco Independence administers tobacco treatment trainings on behalf of the Maine Center for Disease Control and Prevention (Maine CDC), Maine Department of Health and Human Services.