CANCELLED: Tobacco Intervention: Intensive Skills Training
Updated 3/17/2020: In response to COVID-19, the MaineHealth Center for Tobacco Independence is closely monitoring the recommendations from both the Maine CDC as well as MaineHealth, and we are acting in accordance with these guidelines as we decide how to best move forward with our scheduled trainings. Our number one priority the health and safety of our staff and the participants of our trainings.
The following trainings have been canceled:
- Addressing Nicotine and Tobacco Use through Prevention, Policy and Treatment Initiatives March 31st
- Intensive Skills Training April 15th and 16th
Please do not hesistate to reach out with any questions or concerns- [email protected]
This two-day skills-focused training will build on knowledge gained in the Tobacco Intervention: Basic Skills Training. Participants will:
- Explore the value of a comprehensive tobacco use assessment
- Learn to develop effective treatment plans
- Discuss considerations for medication management
- Review relapse prevention strategies
Clinicians will also spend time building on common counseling skills used in intensive tobacco treatment such as motivational interviewing and cognitive behavioral therapy.
This training is appropriate for individuals who have completed the Basic Skills Training within the past five years and are interested in increasing their tobacco treatment skills. The training is a requirement for those interested in the National Certificate in Tobacco Treatment Practice.Register