Quitting tobacco is often the most important thing a person can do for his or her future health. Advice and assistance from providers remains a powerful tool in helping tobacco users quit. Behavioral Health providers can increase patient and client success in becoming tobacco-free by connecting them to the Maine QuitLink. Tobacco users are 2-3 times more likely to quit with the support of the Maine QuitLink than when they try it alone. Call us at 1-800-QUIT NOW for more information about getting setup to refer tobacco users the Maine Quitlink services.
- Download the Maine QuitLink Fax Referral Form to Connect Your Patients to Quit Services
- Fact Sheet: Referring Patients to Tobacco Treatment
- Brochure: Addressing Tobacco Use and Exposure – Resources for Behavioral Health Agencies
- Get Trained: The MaineHealth Center for Tobacco Independence provides a variety of tobacco cessation trainings and education programs for providers and clinical staff throughout the state of Maine. Learn more.
- Provider Tobacco Treatment Tools